REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Temperature Control Cable
- Locate the heater control valve under the hood and disconnect the temperature control cable from the heater control valve and arm.
- Locate the air mix control arm and heater control cable under the dash and disconnect the cable.
- Set the climate control temperature to MAX COOL with the ignition switched ON .
- Reconnect the heater control cable to the air mix control arm assembly under the dash. Make sure the cable sheathing is flush against the stop.
- Access the heater control valve under the hood and move the heater valve arm away from the firewall to the fully closed position.
- Attach the cable end to the heater valve arm.
- Hold the heater valve arm in the fully closed position while applying a light load toward the firewall on the cable sheathing to remove any slack in the cable.
- Clamp the cable into the heater control valve.
- Test the operation of the unit to make sure no binding occurs and repair as necessary.
CONTROL CABLE Adjustment
- Under the hood, open the clamp and disconnect the heater control valve cable from the arm.
- Under the dash, detach the air mix control cable from the clamp. Pull the cable from the control arm.
- Position the temperature control at MAX COOL.
- Turn the air mix control arm counterclockwise until it stops.
- Attach the air mix control cable to the arm.
- Snap the air mix cable hook into the cable clamp.
- Under the hood, turn the control valve to the fully closed position.
- Install the heater valve cable to the arm.
- Gently pull on the cable housing to remove any slack.
- Insert the cable into the clamp.