REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Detach the negative battery cable.
- Open the arm rest.
- Remove the inner cover panel.
- Remove the access lid and screws.
- Remove the cup holder.
- Lift up the parking brake.
- Lift the front of the console and slide it rearward. This will detach it from the mounting hooks below.
- Remove the rear console by sliding it over the parking brake.
- Detach the ashtray.
- Lift up the console and detach any electrical connectors.
Use caution not to scratch the automatic transaxle shift lever.
- Remove the shift knob vehicles equipped with manual transaxles.
- Remove the radio.
- Remove the dashboard lower cover.
- Glove box.
- Remove the front console.
Wrap a clean shop towel around the gear selector to prevent damage during removal and installation of the console.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.