REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The models covered by this guide are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- Disable the air bag system, as outlined in Chassis Electrical of this guide.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the driver's side lower dashboard cover and knee bolster.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Remove the steering wheel, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Disconnect the harness by gently depressing the tab on the connector and pulling.
- Remove the combination switch mounting screws, then remove the switch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.