Removal & Installation
Honda Accord 2007-2008
Honda Civic 2007-2008
Honda S2000 2007-2008
- Remove the transaxle assembly from the vehicle. For additional information, refer to the following section, -Manual Transaxle Assembly, Removal and Installation.-
Install the ring gear holder, clutch alignment shaft and remover handle.
- To prevent warping, unscrew the pressure plate mounting bolts in a crisscross pattern in several steps, and then remove the pressure plate.
- Remove the clutch disc, clutch alignment shaft, and remover handle.
- Temporarily install the clutch disc onto the splines of the transmission mainshaft. Make sure the clutch disc slides freely on the mainshaft.
- Install the ring gear holder.
- Apply a light coat of super high temp urea grease (P/N 08798-9002) to the crankshaft pilot bushing.
- Apply super high temp urea grease (P/N 08798-9002) to the splines of the clutch disc, and then install the clutch disc using the clutch alignment shaft and remover handle.
- Install the pressure plate and the mounting bolts finger-tight.
Torque the mounting bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) in a crisscross pattern. Tighten the bolts in several steps to prevent warping the diaphragm spring.
- Remove the ring gear holder, clutch alignment shaft, and remover handle.
Honda Fit 2007-2008
- Remove the manual transaxle.
Check the height of the diaphragm spring fingers using the dial indicator. If the height is more than the service limit of 0.04 in. (1.0 mm), replace the pressure plate.