Honda Accord 2008
- Disconnect the battery cables.
- Remove the mounting nuts, and remove the battery clamp and battery.
- Remove the harness clamps and remove the battery base.
- Remove the front grille cover.
- Remove the water separator and air intake duct.
- Remove the engine splash shield, if equipped with V6 engine.
- Remove the coolant reservoir.
- Disconnect the fan motor connectors, and then remove the wiring harness clamp.
- Remove the A/C condenser fan shroud assembly and the radiator fan shroud assembly.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.
Honda Accord 2007
Honda Civic 2007-2008
Honda S2000 2007-2008
The engine fan is removed with the radiator as an assembly. For additional information, refer to the following section, -Radiator, Removal and Installation.-
Honda Fit 2007-2008
- Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the audio system. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then disconnect the positive cable.
- Remove the battery.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the front bumper.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the air cleaner housing bracket and reserve tank.
- Remove the hood latch cover and the connector.
- Remove the front bulkhead center bracket
- If equipped with A/C, remove the A/C condenser upper brackets and clip
- Remove the radiator upper brackets.
- Remove the air guide plate.
- Disconnect the radiator upper hose and the lower radiator hose.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Disconnect the Engine Coolant Temperature (ETC) sensor 2 connector.
- If equipped with A/T, disconnect the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) cooler hoses.
If equipped with A/C, disconnect the A/C compressor clutch connector, then loosen the A/C condenser fan shroud mounting bolt.
- If not equipped with A/C, disconnect the radiator fan motor connector, then remove the radiator fan shroud.
If equipped with A/C, disconnect the radiator fan motor connector and the A/C condenser fan motor connector. Then remove the radiator fan shroud and the A/C condenser fan shroud.
NOTEMove the A/C condenser fan shroud toward the left side of the vehicle to allow for enough space to lift it up and away from the A/C condenser fan assembly.
- Move the A/C condenser towards the front of the vehicle to allow for removal of the radiator. Then carefully pull the radiator forward and upward until it is completely removed.
- Remove the remaining fan shroud components and hardware from the radiator.
- Install the radiator in the reverse order of removal and noted the following: