Removal & Installation
- Remove the clutch assembly components. See -Clutch- heading above.
- Remove the ring gear holder.
- Inspect the ring gear teeth for wear and damage.
- Inspect the clutch disc mating surface on the flywheel for wear, cracks and burning.
- Measure the flywheel runout using a dial indicator through at least two full turns while pushing against the flywheel each time you turn it to take up the crankshaft thrust washer clearance. If the runout is more than 0.006 in. (0.15 mm) service limit, replace the flywheel, and recheck the runout, go to the next step.
- Install the ring gear holder.
- Loosen the flywheel mounting bolts in a crisscross pattern in several steps. Remove the bolts, then remove the flywheel and ring gear holder.
- Install the flywheel on the crankshaft, and install the mounting bolts finger-tight.
Install the ring gear holder, then torque the flywheel mounting bolts in a crisscross pattern in several steps to 87 ft. lbs. (118 Nm).