Removal & Installation
- Remove the cylinder head cover.
Loosen the rocker arm adjusting screws.
Bundle the intake rocker arms with rubber bands to keep them together as a set. Unscrew the rocker shaft mounting bolts two turns at a time, in sequence shown.
- Remove the rocker shaft mounting bolts, then remove the rocker arm assembly.
When disassembling the rocker arms, remove the dowel pin, then remove the rocker arm from cam chain side on the rocker shaft.
NOTEIdentify parts as they are removed to ensure reinstallation in original location.
When disassembling or reassembling the rocker arms, remove or install the rocker arm from cam chain side on the rocker shaft.
- Inspect the rocker arm shaft and rocker arms.
- If reused, the rocker arms must be installed in the same positions.
Prior to reassembling, clean all the parts in solvent, dry them, and apply lubricant to any contact points.
Install the rocker arm assembly with dowel pin into position on the cylinder head.
NOTEWhen reassembling the rocker arms, Install the rocker arm from cam chain side on the rocker shaft
Tighten each bolt, two turns at a time, in the sequence shown. Torque bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
NOTEApply new engine oil to the bolt threads and flange.
- Remove the rubber bands from the intake rocker arms.
- Adjust the valve clearance.
Install the cylinder head cover.