Removal & Installation
Honda Accord 2007-2008
- Remove some brake fluid from the master cylinder.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the brake hose mounting bolt.
- Remove the flange bolt, while holding the caliper pin, and pivot the caliper up out of the way.
- Remove the brake pads and pad shims.
- Remove the pad retainers.
- Apply a thin coat of M-77 assembly paste part number o8798-9010 to the brake pad sides of the pad shims and the back of the brake pads, wipe excess paste off the shim.
- Install the pad retainers.
Install the brake pads and shims.
NOTEThe brake pads should be installed with the wear indicator on top (4-cylinder), or on the inside (6-cylinder)
Push in the piston, so the caliper will fit over the brake pads.
WARNINGCheck the brake fluid level. The brake fluid may overflow if the reservoir is too full.
Pivot the caliper down into position. Install the flange bolt and tighten it to:
4 cylinder models: 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm)
- Install the brake hose mounting bolt and tighten to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the front wheel and lower the vehicle.
Refill the master cylinder with brake fluid to the correct level.
Honda Civic 2007-2008