Removal & Installation
- Relieve the fuel pressure. See procedure in this section.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove the intake manifold. See -Intake Manifold- in -ENGINE MECHANICAL- section.
- Disconnect the connectors from the injectors, and remove the wire harness from the harness clips from the fuel rail.
- Disconnect the quick-connect fittings.
- Remove the fuel rail bracket.
- Remove the fuel rail mounting nuts from the fuel rail.
- Remove the injector clips from the injectors.
Remove the injectors from the fuel rail.
- Coat the new O-rings with clean engine oil, then insert the injectors into the fuel rail.
- Install the injector clips.
- To prevent damage to the O-rings, install the injectors in the fuel rail first, then install them in the cylinder head.
- Install the fuel rail mounting nuts. Install the fuel rail bracket.
- Connect the quick-connect fittings.
- Connect the injector connectors, and install the wire harness to the harness clips.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II), but do not operate the starter. After the fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds, the fuel pressure in the fuel line rises. Repeat this two or three times, then check for fuel leakage.
- Install the intake manifold.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
Clear any DTCs with the scan tool.