Honda Accord 2007-2008
Honda Civic 2007-2008
Honda S2000 2007-2008
Idle speed is maintained by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). No adjustment is necessary or possible.
Honda Fit 2007-2008
Before checking the idle speed, check these items:
The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has not been reported on, and there are no DTCs.
- Apply the parking brake, and make sure the headlights are off.
- Disconnect the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge valve connector.
- Connect a scan tool with proper software to the Data Link Connector (DLC) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Make sure the scan tool communicates with the ECM/PCM. If it doesn't, perform DLC circuit troubleshooting.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
- Check the idle speed without load conditions: headlights, blower fan, radiator fan, and air conditioner off. Idle speed should be 700-800 RPM.
- Let the engine idle for 1 minute with high electric load (A/C switch on, temperature set to max cool, blower fan on high, and headlights on high beam). Idle speed should be 800-900 RPM.
If the idle speed is not within specification, perform the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure as follows:
- Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, lights, etc.) are off.
- Reset the ECM/PCM with the scan tool.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194°F (90°C).
Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
NOTEIf the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
- If the idle speed is still not within specification, look for other symptom troubleshooting.
- Reconnect the EVAP canister purge valve connector.