Honda Accord 2007-2008
Honda Civic 2007-2008
Honda S2000 2007-2008
Ignition timing is control by the Power Control Module (PCM). No adjustment is necessary.
Honda Fit 2007-2008
- Connect a scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC).
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Make sure the scan tool communicates with the vehicle and the Engine Control Module (ECM)/Powertrain Control Module (PCM). If it doesn't, troubleshoot the DLC circuit.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm with no load (M/T in Neutral, or A/T in P or N) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
- Check the idle speed. See -Idle Speed- under -FUEL SYSTEMS- section.
- Jump the SCS line with the scan tool.
- Connect the timing light to the No. 1 ignition coil harness.
- Aim the light toward the pointer (A) on the cam chain case. Check the ignition timing under a no load condition (headlights, blower fan, rear window defogger, and air conditioner are turned off).
- Ignition timing should be 8°, plus/minus 2° BTDC.
- If the ignition timing differs from the specification, check the cam timing. If the cam timing is OK, update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good ECM/PCM, then recheck.
- If the system works properly, and the ECM/PCM was substituted, replace the original ECM/PCM.
- Disconnect the scan tool and the timing light.