Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear tires.
- Lift up the locking tab on the spindle nut. Remove the nut.
- Remove the cotter pin from the lower arm ball joint castle nut. Remove the nut. Separate the ball joint from the lower arm.
- Remove the wheel sensor harness from the upper arm.
- Make reference marks across the inboard joint and the rear differential.
- Remove the six inboard joint mounting bolts and nuts. Remove the inboard joint from the rear differential.
- Pull the knuckle outward and remove the outboard joint from the wheel hub using a plastic hammer.
- Remove the halfshaft.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- After the front tire is installed, turn the front wheel by hand and make sure there is no interference between the halfshaft and surrounding parts.
- Check the rear wheel alignment. Adjust if necessary.