Removal and Installation
See Figure 1
This procedure will require bleeding the modulator unit with a Bleeder T-Wrench, Honda tool No. 07HAA-SG00101 and a special multi-function diagnostic tool, the ALB/ABS Checker, Honda tool No. 07HAJ-AS0010A or 07HAJ-AS0010B for U.S. models, or for Canadian models, the ALB/ABS Checker (Canada) (same part numbers). Unless you have access to these tools, do not attempt the following procedure.
- Loosen the flare nuts and remove the accumulator pipe.
- Remove the three mounting bolts and the accumulator from the modulator unit.
- Install a new accumulator, replace the three mounting bolts and connect the accumulator pipe. Tighten the 10 x 1.0mm flare nut to 14 ft. lbs. (19Nm). Tighten the 6 x 1.0mm flare nut to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Bleed the high pressure line using the ALB/ABS Checker and the Bleeder T-Wrench as described "Modulator Unit Bleeding with the ALB/ABS Checker," in the "Filling and Bleeding" section, following.
See Figure 2
- Secure the accumulator vertically in a vise so the relief valve is pointing straight up.
- Turn the plug with a flat screwdriver SLOWLY for three and a half turns and wait three minutes for all the pressure to escape.
- Remove the plug completely and discard the accumulator.