The clutch driven disc may contain asbestos, which has been determined to be a cancer causing agent. Never clean clutch surfaces with compressed air! Avoid inhaling any dust from any clutch surface! When cleaning clutch surfaces, use a commercially available brake cleaning fluid.
PEDAL HEIGHT/FREE-PLAY ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 1
- Measure the clutch pedal disengagement height.
- Measure the clutch pedal free-play.
- Adjust the clutch pedal free-play by turning the clutch cable adjusting nut, found at the end of the clutch cable housing near the release shaft.
- Turn the adjusting nut until the clutch pedal free-play is 0.6-0.8 in. (15-20mm).
- After adjustment, make sure the free-play at the tip of the release arm is 0.12-0.16 in. (3.0-4.0mm).