The clutch driven disc may contain asbestos, which has been determined to be a cancer causing agent. Never clean clutch surfaces with compressed air! Avoid inhaling any dust from any clutch surface! When cleaning clutch surfaces, use a commercially available brake cleaning fluid.
See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the cable end from the brake pedal.
- Remove the adjuster nut assembly from its mounting.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Disconnect the cable end from the release arm. Remove the cable from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust the cable to specification.