REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place a suitable drain pan under the vehicle and drain the cooling system. Properly dispose of the used coolant.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- Refer to the timing belt removal procedure in this section and remove the timing belt cover and the timing belt.
- Remove the water pump mounting bolts and the water pump.
- Use a new O-ring seal and install the water pump on the block. Tighten the water pump mounting bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the timing belt and the timing belt cover. Install the accessory drive belts.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Fill and bleed the cooling system, then tighten the bleed bolt to 7 ft. lbs. (9 Nm).