Some models have the catalytic converter in line under the vehicle and some models have the converter bolted directly to the header pipe.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and support on jackstands.
- Remove the front catalytic converter flange fasteners at the flex joint and discard the flex joint gasket, remove the rear U-bolt connection.
- Separate the catalytic converter inlet and outlet connections. Remove the converter.
- Install the converter to the muffler. Install a new flex joint gasket.
- Install the converter and muffler assembly to the inlet pipe/flex joint. Connect the air hoses and position the U-bolt.
- Align the exhaust system into position and, starting at the front of the system, tighten all the nuts and bolts. All pipe connecting bolts are tightened to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm) and all pipe-to-converter bolts are tightened to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm). Header pipe-to-exhaust manifold bolts are tightened to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm). Converter-to-exhaust manifold bolts are tightened to 25 ft. lbs (34 Nm).
- Check the system for leaks. Lower the vehicle.