REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- In the interior of the car, remove the bolts that retain the hood latch handle assembly and disconnect the opener cable.
- Remove the front bumper assembly.
- Remove the hood latch mounting bolts and disconnect the cable.
- Remove the drivers side inner fender shield and pull the cable through the wheel well.
Securely tie a rope to the end of the cable before pulling it through, this will allow you to pull the new cable into position.
- Install the new cable in position. Install the inner fender shield.
- Install the cable at the hood latch and install the latch retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the cable at the release assembly inside the vehicle and install the release assembly retaining bolts. Adjust the hood latch as needed.