REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Open the tailgate door and remove the tailgate trim panel.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the rear windshield wiper motor, defroster and brake light. Disconnect the washer hose.
- Pull the wiring harness from the tailgate.
- Remove the tailgate support struts.
Have an assistant hold the tailgate lid while you remove the supports.
- Remove the tailgate hinge mounting bolts and remove the tailgate from the vehicle.
- Install the tailgate in position and install the hinge bolts. Tighten the hinge bolts-to-tailgate door to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm). Tighten the hinge-to-body bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the support strut assemblies.
- Connect all of the wiring and the washer hose.
- Adjust the tailgate as needed. Reinstall the trim panel.