See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Rood Side Weatherstrip/Retainer
See Figure 2
- Remove the roof and store in a safe place.
- Using a small prytool, unclip the interior roof side trim.
- Remove the weatherstrip mounting screws and peel off the weatherstrip.
- Remove the retainer mounting screws and remove the retainer.
- Install the new weatherstrip with clear sealant (cemedine #8500) to the areas shown in the drawing. Glue both ends of the weatherstrip making sure there are no twists before gluing.
- Install the retainer and tighten the screws progressively in the numbered order shown in the drawing.
- Replace the interior trim panel using new clips if necessary.
- Install the roof and check for leaks by spraying low-pressure water over the roof.
See Figure 3
- Remove the roof and store it in a safe location.
- Remove the weatherstrip retainer as described in this Section.
- Remove the side lock assembly.
- Remove the mounting nuts to the roof side frame and remove the frame. If necessary, remove the component parts from the roof side frame.
- Replace the roof side frame and tighten the nuts to 7.2 ft. lbs. (10 Nm.).
- Adjust the roof side frame as found in the procedure in this Section and test for water leakage.
- Replace the roof side trim using new clips if necessary.
See Figure 4
- Remove the roof with the help of an assistant.
- Remove the front pillar trim clips with a small prytool and remove the trim.
- Remove the three bolts securing the front lock catcher and remove.
- To install, place the front lock catcher in position and replace the bolts. Tighten them to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm.).
- Replace the front pillar trim by inserting the bottom edge into the gap at the dashboard. Use new clips if necessary.
- Replace the roof and test for proper operation.
See Figure 5
- Remove the rear ceiling light lens.
- Remove the rear ceiling trim panel clips with a small prytool and remove the panel.
- Unclip and remove the quarter trim panels using a small prytool.
- Disconnect the connector from the rear lock catcher.
- Remove the one nut and one bolt that fasten the rear lock catcher and remove the lock catcher.
- To install, replace the lock catcher and secure the nut and the bolt, tightening them to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm.).
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Replace the interior trim panels using new clips if necessary.
See Figure 6
If the roof does not align properly after replacing the lock catchers or side frame, this procedure will allow you to fine-tune the fitment gap and height of the roof.
- Loosen the lock catcher mounting bolts and nuts at the four corners.
- Install the roof on the car and secure it with the lock catchers.
The lock catchers should make a faint click when securing the roof.
- Tighten the lock catcher bolts and nut at each of the four corners.
- Check that the height of the installed roof is correct in relation to the body and that the weatherstrips fit flush. If so, this procedure is complete after checking for water leaks.
- If the fit is not satisfactory, loosen the lock catchers and adjust right and left by moving the fasteners in the elongated holes. If necessary, use shims (available from Honda in either 0.6mm or 1.2mm thickness) to adjust the height.
- When satisfied with the adjusted fit, tighten the lock catchers and spray water over the roof to check for water leaks. Do not use a high-pressure sprayer. Make sure no water enters the passenger area.