REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels. Properly support the lower control arm assemblies.
- Remove the self-locking nuts, upper control arm bolts and upper control anchor bolts. Separate the upper ball joint using a suitable ball joint separator tool.
- Place the upper control arm assembly into a suitable holding fixture and drive out the upper arm bushing.
- Drive the new upper arm bushing into the upper arm anchor bolts. On 1988-91 Civic and CRX, center the bushing so 0.3543 in. (9mm) protrudes from each side of the anchor bolt. On 1992-95 Civic and del Sol models, center the bushing so that 0.4 in. (11 mm) protrudes from each side of the anchor bolt as shown.
- Install the upper control arm assembly and install the upper arm bolts, then tighten the self-locking nuts. Be sure to align the upper arm anchor bolt with the mark on the upper arm. Tighten the upper arm nuts to 47 ft. lbs. (65 Nm). Tighten the self-locking nuts on the control arm bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm). Tighten the upper ball joint pin nut to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Installation of the remaining components is the reverse of the removal procedure.