See Figures 1, 2 and 3
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and disable the SRS system (if equipped.)
All SRS wire harnesses are covered with a yellow insulation. Read the SRS precautions found in this section and install the short connectors as described.
- If equipped with air conditioning, properly discharge the air conditioning system into a refrigerant recovery/recycling machine.
- Remove the glove box assembly and the glove box frame.
- Remove the blower duct. This is the white plastic duct between the blower case and heater case on models not equipped with air conditioning.
- On models equipped with air conditioning, remove the evaporator assembly.
- Disconnect the wire connectors at the blower motor assembly.
- Remove the blower motor housing attaching bolts.
- Disassemble the housing and remove the blower motor. The blower motor can be removed from the housing and the blower cage separated if needed.
- Install the blower assembly in position under the instrument panel. Install the retaining bolts and tighten to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the wires at the blower housing.
- Install the air duct or evaporator housing, depending on how the vehicle is equipped. Make sure that the foam seals seat completely.
- Install the glove box assembly and frame.
- Properly evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system. Connect the battery cable .