The expansion valve controls the flow of the refrigerant from the receiver into the evaporator.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and disable the SRS system (if equipped.)
All SRS wire harnesses are covered with a yellow insulation. Read the SRS precautions found in this section and install the short connectors as described.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system into a refrigerant recovery/recycling machine.
- Remove the evaporator case from the vehicle.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines at the evaporator.
- Remove the glove box and support brackets.
- Loosen and remove the evaporator securing bands.
- Disconnect the air conditioner thermo-switch wire connector.
- Remove the evaporator securing bolts and nuts.
- Disconnect the drain hose and remove the evaporator assembly.
- Remove the evaporator case attaching clips and screws.
- Separate the case halves and remove the evaporator.
- Separate the expansion valve from the evaporator.
- Connect the expansion valve to the evaporator assembly.
- Install the evaporator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Charge, evacuate and leak test the air conditioning system.