The receiver/drier serves as a reservoir which filters and removes moisture from the refrigerant.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system into a refrigerant recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the receiver/drier pressure switch wire connector.
- Disconnect and plug the receiver/drier refrigerant lines.
- Remove the receiver/drier bracket attaching bolts.
- Remove the receiver/drier assembly.
- Install the receiver/drier in position and tighten the mounting bolts to 12 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Reconnect the electrical leads and connect the refrigerant pipes to the receiver. Tighten them to 12 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Properly evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system. Connect the negative battery cable and check the operation of the system.