REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This switch housing contains the wiper, washer and headlight switches as well as the turn signal actuator. It is found only on 1984-87 models.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Disconnect the column wiring harness and coupler.
- Remove the upper and lower column covers.
- On models so equipped, remove the cruise control slip ring.
- Remove the turn signal canceling sleeve.
- Remove the switch retaining screws.
- Loosen the screw on the turn signal switch cam nut and lightly tap its head to permit the cam nut to loosen. Then remove the turn signal switch assembly and the steering shaft upper bushing.
- Install the turn signal shaft assembly and the steering column upper shaft bushing.
- When installing the turn signal switch assembly, engage the locating tab on the switch with the notch in the steering column. The steering shaft upper bushing should be installed with the flat side facing the upper side of the column. The alignment notch for the turn signal switch will be centered on the flat side of the bushing. Make sure the cam nut is installed it with the small end up.
- Install the remaining components in the reverse order of removal.