REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The gauges are part of the instrument cluster assembly, each of the individual units is screwed to the cluster and connected by a printed circuit board and wires. The cluster housing can be separated to remove the light bar or replace the lens, it is clipped together by plastic tangs.
If replacement is necessary for 1992-95 models (except del Sol) replace speedometer and tachometer as a unit. If replacement is necessary for 1993-95 del Sol models, replace speedometer and odometer/trip meter as a unit.
Avoid handling the printed circuit board, as it may be damaged by oils and acids from the skin.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument cluster as described earlier in this section.
- Locate the gauge to be removed and remove its mounting screws. Disconnect any wires leading to it.
- Remove the gauge from the cluster assembly.
- Install the gauge in position and install the retaining screws. Do not overtighten the mounting screws. Reconnect any disconnected leads.
- Disconnect the short connectors and connect the negative and positive battery cable.