REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the regulator handle by pushing the set pin spring.
- Remove the arm rest, door inside handle escutcheon and door lock.
- Remove the door finisher and sealing screen.
- On some models it may be necessary to remove the outer door molding.
- Lower the door glass with the regulator handle until the regulator-to-glass attaching bolts appear at the access holes in the door inside panel.
- Raise the door glass and draw it upwards.
- Remove the regulator attaching bolts and remove the regulator assembly through the large access hole in the door panel.
- Install the window regulator assembly in the door.
- Connect all mounting bolts and check for proper operation.
- Adjust the window if necessary and install the door trim panel.
- Install all the attaching components to the door panel.
- Install the window regulator handle.
- Remove the speaker cover and the speaker.
- Remove the screws attaching the armrest.
- Remove the door trim panel by removing the attaching screws and the clips then pull it upward.
- Lower the door glass until the mounting bolts can be seen.
- Disconnect the power window harnesses, remove the screws then the armrest.
- Support the glass and remove the glass to regulator attaching bolts.
- Remove the regulator mounting bolts, then remove the regulator assembly through the lower hole in the door.
- With the regulator removed from the door, before removing the motor from the regulator, mark the sector gear and regulator position.
- Move the window regulator to the original position by connecting a 12 volt source to the motor.
The regulator gear will move suddenly when the motor is removed, because the regulator spring is tensioned against the gear.
- Install the window regulator with the sector gear in the proper position as marked earlier. Lubricate the sector and gear and rollers prior to installation.
- Connect the power window harness, and screw and clip the door panel back in place.
- Attach the armrest and speaker cover.