REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Remove the window regulator handle with a pry tool or by removing the clip that retains it. This clip is tight and may be difficult to remove. To ease removal, make a tool out of an old wire hanger, take a length of the hanger and put a small hook shaped bend on the end. Use the tool to pull the clip off.
- Remove the door handle trim plate.
- On models equipped, remove the seat belt lap guide from the door panel.
- Remove the screw from the arm rest pocket and carefully pry the pocket out. Remove the stereo speaker cover from the panel by prying out the beauty caps and unscrewing the phillips screws.
- Pull the panel away from the door. The panel is retained by plastic clips, to ease removal use a trim removal tool (available at most auto parts stores). Try not to bend the panel to much when removing it or it will be damaged. On models equipped with power windows, disconnect the wiring from the switch before removing the panel completely.
- Install the panel in position and reinstall all of the components removed. When positioning the panel, it will have to be pushed into place until the retaining clips catch.