REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve fuel pressure.
- Remove the air intake chamber, if necessary to gain access.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose and fuel hose.
- Remove the 6mm retaining bolts.
- Install a new O-ring.
- Apply clean engine oil to the O-ring and mating surface of fuel pressure regulator.
- Install the regulator. Tighten the mounting bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum and fuel hoses.
- Install the air chamber, if removed.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn ignition switch ON but do not operate starter. After fuel pump runs for approximately 2 seconds, fuel pressure in fuel line rises. Repeat this 3 times, then check whether there is any fuel leakage.