REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies and the brake drums.
A spray-type brake cleaning fluid allows a cleaner job and may be necessary to remove brake dust and leaking fluid that has accumulated on the brake assembly.
- Remove the tension pins by pushing the retainer spring and turning them.
- Lower the brake shoe assembly and remove the lower return spring.
- Remove the brake shoe assembly.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable from the lever.
- Remove the upper return spring, self-adjuster lever and self-adjuster spring. Separate the brake shoes.
- Remove the wave washer, parking brake lever and pivot pin from the brake shoe by removing the U-clip.