REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
On carbureted models, the air cleaner is housed above the carburetor, and on fuel injected models, in a housing at the front of the vehicle. The recommended change interval for the air filter is 30,000 miles (48,300 km) under normal circumstances. Severe service requires more frequent changes.
- Remove the fasteners (wing nut(s), bolts and/or spring clips) securing the air cleaner cover.
- Remove the air cleaner cover and element.
- Using a clean rag, wipe out the air cleaner housing.
- Position the element in the air cleaner housing.
Air cleaner elements are not interchangeable, although they may appear to be. Make sure you have the proper element for the year and model of your vehicle.
- Install the air cleaner cover and any applicable retaining fasteners.