REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Refer to the "Steering Wheel, Removal and Installation" procedures in this section and remove the steering wheel.
- Disconnect the column wiring harness and coupler.
Be careful to not damage the steering column or shaft.
- Remove the upper and lower column covers.
- For 1992-95 models, disconnect the 4-pin and 7-pin connectors, remove the two retaining screws and lift out the switch.
- For pre-1992 models, if equipped with cruise control, remove the slip ring.
- Remove the turn signal canceling sleeve.
- Remove the switch retaining screws, then remove the switch.
- Loosen the turn signal switch cam nut screw and lightly tap its head to permit the cam nut to loosen. Remove the turn signal switch assembly and the steering shaft upper bushing.
- Replace the turn signal switch cam nut (small end up) if equipped, and the screws that secure the combination switch. When installing the turn signal switch assembly on pre-1992 models, engage the locating tab on the switch with the notch in the steering column. The steering shaft upper bushing should be installed with the flat side facing the upper side of the column. The alignment notch for the turn signal switch will be centered on the flat side of the bushing.
If the cam nut has been removed on the earlier models, be sure to install it with the small end up.