REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The 1992-95 S20 transaxle uses an electronic Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) and therefore the following procedure does not apply to it.
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle and safely support it with jackstands.
- Remove the 10mm bolts and the holder plate.
- Remove the speedometer gear holder.
- Remove the driven gear from the holder.
- Replace the driven gear if worn or damaged.
- Install the driven gear to the gear holder.
- Install a new O-ring to the holder and lubricate it with oil.
- Install the assembly in the transaxle aligning the slot with the holder plate.
- Tighten the bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).