REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The washer fluid reservoir on 1984-87 models can be removed through the engine compartment. The washer fluid reservoir on 1988-95 models requires the removal of the front bumper cover. The reservoir for all models includes the front and rear washer motors.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On 1992-95 models, disconnect the receiver-dryer line, then remove the receiver-dryer.
- On 1988-95 models, remove the front bumper cover.
- Disconnect the electrical leads from the washer pump motors.
- Disconnect one of the hoses and drain the washer fluid into a suitable container for reuse.
- Disconnect the other hose from the tank. Remove the tank retaining bolts (two on 1984-87 models and three on 1988-95 models).
- On 1984-87 models, remove the tank from above, through the engine compartment. On 1988-95 models, remove the tank from beneath the car.
- The washer pumps can now be removed if needed.
- Install the pumps in the tank, if removed.
- Install the tank into the vehicle and install the mounting bolts. Tighten the mounting bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the electrical lead and the hoses.
- Install the front bumper cover on late model vehicles and connect the negative battery cable.
- Refill the reservoir and test the operation of the system.