REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7Front
- Note the installation angles of the wiper arms, then remove the cap nuts.
- Remove the air inlet grille and hood seal.
- Using a small pry tool, carefully pry the wiper linkage connection from the wiper motor. Remove the linkage by pushing the wiper pivots through the cowl. Pull off the clip and remove the motor cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connector. Remove the mounting bolts from the cowl. Remove the motor, being careful not to lose the mounting bolts.
- To install, grease the linkage joints and reverse the removal procedures. Make sure the linkage operates smoothly and that wipers are installed at the correct angle. Tighten the motor mounting bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm) and the wiper arm retaining nuts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
See Figures 8 through 17
- Note the installation position of the wiper arm. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rear hatch trim panel.
- Remove the rear wiper arm.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the mounting bolts.
- Remove the motor from the hatch by pulling it back.
- Install the motor in position, making sure that the rubber seal is correctly installed.
- Tighten the mounting bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm). Tighten the wiper arm nut to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).