REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Note the radio security code and station presets.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the lower engine splash shield.
- Remove the engine accessory drive belts.
Mark the direction of the accessory drive belt's rotation if it is to be reinstalled. If there is any doubt about the condition of a belt, or if it has been contaminated by oil, it should be replaced.
- Set the engine at Top Dead Center (TDC) for the No. 1 piston on the compression stroke. The crankshaft pulley white mark must be aligned with the mark on the lower timing cover. Once in this position, the engine must not be disturbed.
- Hold the crankshaft pulley with Honda Tool Nos. 07MAB-PY3010A Holder Attachment and 07JAB-001020A Holder Handle or their equivalents and remove the crankshaft pulley bolt by turning it in a counterclockwise direction.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the crankshaft pulley. Retighten the crankshaft pulley bolt.
- Install and adjust the accessory drive belts.
- Verify that all engine components that may have been removed have been reinstalled correctly.
- Install the splash shield and lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Enter the security code for the radio.