REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The radio may contain a coded theft protection circuit. Always obtain the code number before disconnecting the battery. If the vehicle is equipped with 4WS, the steering control unit is shut down when the battery is disconnected. After connecting the battery, turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock to reset the steering control unit.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system to a level below the upper radiator hose.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure by loosening the fuel filter service bolt.
- Remove the intake air duct. If equipped with the D16Y7 engine, remove the air cleaner assembly from the throttle body.
- Cover the throttle body opening to keep dirt out.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail. Clean up any spilled fuel.
- Label and disconnect the fuel injector wiring harnesses.
- Remove the fuel rail and injectors.
- Disconnect the throttle cable from the linkage at the throttle body.
- Disconnect the intake manifold cooling hoses. Use a drain pan to catch any spilled coolant. Also, be sure no coolant spills on electrical connections.
- Label and disconnect the engine wiring harness connectors from the intake manifold sensors.
- Remove the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve.
- If equipped, remove the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve.
- Label and disconnect the Throttle Position (TP) sensor and Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor.
- Unbolt the manifold from its support bracket.
- Loosen and remove the intake manifold nuts in a crisscross pattern.
- Remove the intake manifold assembly from the vehicle.
Use new gaskets when installing the intake manifold. Use new O-rings when installing manifold sensors and components. Use new sealing washers when reconnecting the fuel lines.
- Clean all gasket mating surfaces and install the intake manifold assembly onto the cylinder head using new gaskets.
- Tighten the intake manifold nuts in two or three steps in a crisscross pattern starting with the inside nuts. Tighten the nuts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install the support bracket bolts and tighten them to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the fuel rail and injectors.
- Reconnect the fuel line using new washers.
- If removed, install the EGR valve and tighten its nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Install and reconnect the IAC valve. Tighten its mounting bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Reconnect the fuel injector wiring harnesses.
- Reconnect the intake manifold wiring harnesses.
- Reconnect the intake manifold cooling hoses.
- Reconnect the throttle cable.
- Install the intake air duct and air cleaner assembly.
- Refill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Verify that all sensors, valves, and vacuum lines are installed and connected properly. Be sure there are no loose electrical connections.
- Turn the ignition on and off several times without starting the engine to pressurize the fuel system. Run the engine and check for proper operation. Check for vacuum leaks.
- After the engine has warmed up, check the operation of the throttle cable and adjust it if necessary.