REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The radio may contain a coded theft protection circuit. Always obtain the code number before disconnecting the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the oil and remove the lower splash panel.
- Remove the nuts and bolts connecting the exhaust pipe to the catalytic converter. Discard the gasket and the locknuts.
- Remove the nuts attaching the exhaust pipe to the exhaust hanger.
- Remove and discard the locknuts attaching the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold, then remove the exhaust pipe from the vehicle. Discard the exhaust gaskets.
- Loosen the oil pan bolts in a crisscross pattern. To remove the oil pan, lightly tap the corners of the oil pan with a rubber or plastic faced mallet. Clean off all the old gasket material.
- Inspect the oil screen and pick-up tube for damaged and clogging. If the screen and tube are clogged with oil residue, they should be thoroughly cleaned or replaced.
- If removed, install the oil screen and tube with a new gasket. Tighten the mounting nuts and bolts to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Apply liquid gasket to the oil pan mating surface where the oil pump and the right side cover meet the engine block.
- Install the oil pan gasket to the oil pan.
- Install the oil pan. Then, install the center and end mounting nuts and bolts. Evenly hand-tighten the oil pan nuts and bolts.
- Tighten the oil pan mounting nuts and bolts in a three-step clockwise pattern starting with the center bolt next to the oil drain plug. The final torque value for the nuts and bolts is 9-10 ft. lbs. (12-14 Nm).
Excessive tightening can cause distortion of the oil pan gasket and oil leakage.
- Install the oil drain plug with a new crush washer. Tighten the plug to 33 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Install the exhaust pipe using new gaskets and locknuts. Tighten the nuts attaching the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm). Tighten the nuts attaching the exhaust pipe to the catalytic converter and the exhaust pipe hanger to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the lower splash panel. Then, lower the vehicle.
- Refill the engine with clean oil.
- Connect the negative battery cable and enter the radio security code.
- Run the engine and check for leaks.
- Turn off the engine and check the oil level. Top off the oil level if necessary.