- Detach the negative battery cable.
- Remove the two antenna to windshield pillar mounting screws.
- Pull up on the antenna's base to break it free from the pillar.
- Slightly feed the antenna cable out of the a pillar
- Detach the antenna cable from the underside of the antenna's base plate.
- Remove the antenna.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Before beginning this procedure, check with your local parts supplier as to the availability of the antenna. This part may only be sold at your local Honda dealer.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Gain access to the antenna motor.
- Remove the trim panel.
- Detach the connector from the motor.
- Disconnect the antenna lead.
- Remove the antenna nut from the top of the fender.
- Remove the motor bracket nut.
- Remove the motor and antenna as an assembly.
- Remove the antenna nut spacer.
- Connect the wiring harness to the antenna assembly.
- Carefully pull out the antenna while an assistant turns on the radio.
- Carefully steer the teeth of the new antenna mast cable into the antenna housing.
- Check the engagement by gently moving the cable up and down a few times.
- Clean and lubricate the antenna mast housing threads with a light penetrating oil.
- Turn the radio switch off and let the power antenna's motor pull the cable down into the housing.
- Install the bushing, spacer, and the nut.
- The remaining steps are the reverse of the removal procedure.