REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Front and rear doors may be removed using the same procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Protect the door and surrounding trim and painted areas using cardboard and masking tape. A thick masking tape is available at local body and paint supply stores. Cover and protect any corners, sharp edges or protruding objects.
- Support the door, by placing a floor jack and a piece of wood underneath the door.
- Remove the bolts from the door stop arm.
- Remove the door panel, detach the wiring connectors, and guide clips.
- Remove the wiring harness from the door frame. If necessary, use tape to keep the wiring pulled aside.
- Inspect and make sure all applicable wiring connectors are disconnected and removed.
- Matchmark the location of the hinges on the door and/or vehicle frame.
- Unfasten the hinge bolts, then remove the door assembly.
If necessary, make shims out of scrap sheet metal, paint stirring sticks or cardboard and tape in place with masking tape to the area to be aligned or shimmed.
- Position the door into place and finger tighten the hinge bolts.
- Align the door with the hinge marks made earlier and tighten the bolts.
- Attach the wiring connectors.
- Attach the door stop arm and tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Remove the supporting jack.
- Install the door panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.