REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the brake hose clamp bolts from the strut.
- Remove the damper fork bolts and remove the damper fork.
- Remove the three strut mounting nuts. Remove the strut from the vehicle.
Use new self-locking bolts when installing the struts and assembling the damper forks.
- Install the strut into the vehicle. Hand-tighten the mounting nuts.
- Install the strut into the damper fork. The alignment mark on the strut tube fits into the groove on the damper fork.
- Install the pinch bolt and damper fork bolt. Only hand-tighten these bolts.
- Install the front wheels and lower the vehicle.
- With all four of the vehicle's wheels on the ground, tighten the damper fork nut to 47 ft. lbs. (65 Nm) while holding the damper fork bolt. Tighten the damper fork pinch bolt to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm). Tighten the strut mounting nuts to 28 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Tighten the wheel nuts to 80 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Check and adjust the vehicle's front end alignment.
The strut assemblies are sealed units. If worn or damaged, they must be replaced. The only component that can be removed is the coil spring.