REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A disconnected quick disconnect fitting can be re-attached. The retainer on the mating pipe should not be reused once disconnected. It should be replaced when:
To disconnect a quick connect fitting:
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Clean all dirt off the fuel system connectors before removal of the fitting.
- Hold the connector with one hand, then pull the connector off with your other hand by pressing down on the retainer tabs.
- Inspect the contact area of the connector for dirt and grime. If the surface is dirty, clean it. If the surface area is rusty or damaged, replace it.
- To keep foreign material out of the fitting, cover the end of the line/fitting assembly with a plastic bag such as a sandwich style or locking freezer bag.
- Insert a new retainer into the connector.
- Apply a light coating of fresh engine oil to the fuel pipe.
- Carefully press the fuel pipe into the connector making sure the retainer snaps in place completely.
- Inspect for leakage and repair as necessary.