REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Before working on a cooling system component, the engine coolant temperature must be below 100°F (37°C).
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, then turn the heater temperature control to full hot, then turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Drain the coolant from the radiator into a suitable sealable container, or using two pair of suitable hose crimping pliers, carefully clamp shut the two heater hoses attached to the heater control valve.
- Squeeze the hose clamp ends together using a flat-nosed pliers to release the tension of the hose clamps, and slide the clamps off of the heater valve spigots.
- Place a suitable coolant drain pan below the heater control valve, then remove the control valve cable clamp and control valve cable.
- Carefully remove the heater hoses from the control valve and remove the control valve from the vehicle.
The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure making sure of the following points:
Make sure the cooling system is topped off with the proper mixture of coolant and bled if necessary.Once the repair is completed, check the operation of the heater control valve.