REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
You may have to remove the shift knob, on some early models, to remove the floor console.
- Detach the negative battery cable.
- Open the armrest.
- Remove the inner cover panel.
- Remove the access lid and screws.
- Remove the cup holder.
- Lift up the parking brake.
- Lifting the front of the console and sliding it rear ward will detach it from the mounting hooks below.
- Remove the rear console by sliding it over the parking brake.
- Detach the ash tray.
- Lift up the console and detach any electrical connectors.
Use caution not to scratch the automatic transmission shift lever.
- Remove the shift knob on manual transmission equipped cars.
- Remove the radio.
- Remove the dashboard lower cover.
- Remove the glove box.
- Remove the front console.
Wrap a clean shop towel around the gear selector to prevent damage during removal and installation of the console.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.