REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Before disconnecting the battery cable(s) or the radio electrical connectors, make sure to note the radio security code. Once disconnected, the radio will not function until the code is entered.
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
Remove the following components:
- Remove the instrument cluster.
- Detach the driver's air bag electrical connector and lower the steering column.
- Unsnap the driver's side dash cover. Remove the screw in the passenger's lower side cover and unsnap to remove.
- Detach the dash electrical connectors from the upper portion of the left side under dash fuse/relay panel. Remove the two fasteners, then move the left side under dash fuse/relay panel aside.
- Disconnect the antenna lead, and disconnect the harness clips.
- Remove the electrical connector holder from the dashboard frame.
- Unbolt the control unit/relay bracket from the behind the center of the dash.
- Remove the dash panel bolts.
- Cover the lower inside of the windshield trim with protective tape.
- Verify that all electrical connectors, brackets and clips have been disconnected.
- Carefully lift and remove the dashboard assembly.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal, making sure to properly activate the SRS and enter the radio security code.