REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Unfasten the two fuel pressure regulator retaining bolts.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator and the O-rings. Discard the O-rings.
- Lubricate the new O-rings with light engine oil.
- Position a new O-ring onto the fuel pressure regulator.
- Place the fuel pressure regulator into position and install the retainers.
- Attach the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine at idle for 2 minutes, then turn the engine OFF and check for fuel leaks and proper operation.