- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
Place a shop towel over the service bolt to absorb any fuel that may spray out as the bolt is loosened.
- Using a 6mm (12mm on 1997 Civic models) box-end wrench, loosen the service bolt from the top of the fuel filter.
Be sure to hold the fuel filter with another wrench.
- Slowly unscrew the banjo bolt one turn.
- Always replace the banjo bolt sealing washers whenever the bolt is loosened.
- After the fuel system pressure is relieved, tighten the bolt, install the fuel filler cap, then connect the negative battery cable.