REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Fold the rear seat forward and remove the side bolster cushions. The side bolster cushions are secured by a screw at the bottom and two clips at the top.
- Remove the strut mount cap. Remove the upper strut mounting nuts.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Support the knuckle with a floor jack.
- Remove the strut mounting bolt, lower the jack, and remove the strut.
Use new self-locking nuts when installing the strut.
- Fit the strut into the upper mount. Only hand-tighten the upper mounting nuts.
- Fit the strut into position on the knuckle. Install the mounting bolt.
- Place a jack under the lower strut mount. Raise the jack until the weight of the vehicle is on the jack.
- With the suspension under load, tighten the lower mount bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm). Tighten the upper nuts to 28 ft. lbs.(39 Nm).
- Install the rear wheel. Lower the vehicle to the ground.
- Tighten the wheel nuts to 80 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Install the rear seat side bolsters and fold the seat back into place.
- Check and adjust the vehicle's rear wheel alignment.
Refer to the front strut overhaul procedure.