REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Place a suitable container/catch pan under the vehicle.
- Loosen the adjusting bolt.
- Break loose the mounting bolts and nuts.
- Remove the power steering belt.
- Cover the A/C compressor with shop rags to prevent any fluid from spilling into it.
Spilling power steering fluid into the alternator assembly can damage the unit.
- Detach the pumps inlet and outlet hoses and plug them.
Power steering fluid will destroy your vehicles paint. Use caution and clean up all spills immediately.
- Remove the power steering pumps mounting bolts.
- Pull the pump from the vehicle.
- Cover the open ends of the pump, with tape, to prevent foreign material from entering the openings.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Properly adjust the power steering belt tension
Always follow the belt manufacturers tension recommendation if you are not using a genuine Honda belt.
Please refer to the below torque specifications;
Pump mounting bolt: 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm)
Make note of the following points:
Make sure all fasteners, hose clamps and fittings are properly installed and tightened.
- Fill the reservoir to the upper line with Genuine Honda Power Steering Fluid-V or S.
- Run the engine at idle and turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock several times to bleed air from the system and fill the rack valve body.
- Recheck the fluid level and add more if necessary. Don't overfill the reservoir.
- Check the power steering system for leaks.