REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Wiper Arm Removal
- Remove the mounting nut from the wiper pivot.
- Mark the wiper arm and pivot bolt alignment using touch up paint or a suitable maker.
- Carefully press down on the wiper arm about 4 inches (100mm) from the wiper pivot bolt. Press down and release several times until the wiper arm releases from the pivot.
- While holding the wiper arm on the pivot, fold the arm upward until it locks in position.
- Lift the wiper arm off of the pivot.
Be sure to properly align the wiper arm with the pivot bolt.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Once the arms are installed, operate the wipers in the fast position with the windshield wet. Use the washers to wet the windshield. If the wipers strike the windshield trim, reposition the arms to so they do not touch the surrounding trim.REAR
The rear wiper arm removal is the same as the front wiper arm procedure, with exception of the wrench size needed. Most of the rear wiper assemblies typically require a 12mm wrench for removal.